"We're all
mad
here.
I'm mad.
You're
m a d."

Monday, July 5, 2010

How to not eat without your parents noticing



Sid: How do you do it?
Cassie: What?
Sid: Come on, Cass. I mean you never eat anything. Your parents must notice or something. I dunno.
Cassie: I like you, Sid.
Sid: ...Okay.
Cassie: So, I'm going to show you.
[begins cutting up food]
Cassie: You have to do a lot of talking. I'm good at talking. You do that while you're cutting things up, a lot. And then, questions.
[lifts fork to her mouth, stops]
Cassie: Where's your student card?
Sid: Sorry?
Cassie: Your ID.
[resumes cutting up food]
Cassie: Have you got it?
Sid: No. I, uh, lost it somewhere, last week.
Cassie: Change the subject. This is great. I love these sausages. You should try one. Go on.
[puts a sausage on Sid's plate]
Cassie: Delicious.
Sid: Hang on, you didn't...
Cassie: You're not quite sure what I'm on about, but I keep distracting you. So, then, I up the ante.
[picks up Sid's plate of fries]
Cassie: Yum, I love this stuff.
[pushes a few fries onto her plate]
Cassie: Really delicious. You're really sure that I want some more, so I'll keep waving at you, until you stop looking at me.
[raises fork to mouth, stops]
Cassie: Where'd you lose it?
Sid: Sorry?
Cassie: Your ID. I mean, they won't let you use the library, will they?
[checks watch on her ankle]
Cassie: God, I've got to go.
[starts clearing her plate, onto another one]
Cassie: So full. Gotta dash.
[gets up to leave]

Skins, of course. Our dear Cassie... so charming. Of course I would like the dreamy anorexic girl...
All the people on the show are so interesting. It reminds me of Glee or something, but with better characters and more problems... A gay guy [being gay is the least interesting about him!] who wants to be a dancer, a Muslim who doesn't follow his religion devoutly, a really smart clarinet player who has rappers for her family... and more. Maybe that sounds cliché but the show is anything but!

And British accents. Yeeeah.

P.S. Happy summer!

2 comments:

  1. It totally makes sense if you watch the show. I guess it sounds a bit odd when it's out of context!

    ReplyDelete