"We're all
mad
here.
I'm mad.
You're
m a d."

Friday, July 31, 2009

Sleepless nights

"We're all quite mad, you'll fit right in." ~an Alice button my friend randomly found... and gave to me. Thank you! It's nice having everyone know your obsession 'cause they tend to associate you with it...

I just called my grandma & grandpa... It's 2 in the afternoon in Beijing, 12-hr time difference... I really miss them...... They told me I can miss them but I can't be sad and let it affect my mood... Now I know what it means when people say they feel guilty if they don't miss anyone but the opposite extreme is being reeeally sad and over-missing...

I still can't sleep and it's now 2:40... I need to listen to peaceful, calm music.... Sigur Rós and Sia, perhaps?

Did you know that instead of "...", in China it's always "......". Six dots, not three! And another weird phenomenon, some people in Beijing put their headphone strings inside their shirt...... Pretty odd.

This reminds me of Catcher in the Rye...

Everything is so still and silent at night... Dark and glittering with stars. It's so quiet here compared to the busy streets of Beijing where there are taxis and cars at even 2 in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment