"We're all
mad
here.
I'm mad.
You're
m a d."

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Alice & Movies!


WOW.

A long-need update!

So I saw Alice in Wonderland (the Tim Burton version, of course) on opening night.
My thoughts? The scenery was really beautiful, and really reflected the kind of dark/haunting/yet beautiful Tim Burton feel... I was SO excited when the Mad Hatter appeared at the Tea Party! Johnny Depp played the role so well. The ending part with slaying the Jabberwocky was a bit... overdone and unneccessary... I mean, the battle scene as the climax has been done so many times before. But I really liked the movie's actual ending, with the Smoking Caterpillar turning into a butterfly! Overall, I really enjoyed it. I think I will buy Alice on DVD when it comes out! Alice's futterwacken [sp?] dance at the end was such a funny sign of rebellion x] There is so much Alice merchandise now; I really want a new Alice t-shirt...





So I've been watching movies after getting home from school. Movies DO take up alot of time, but I usually come home and waste time on the Internet anyway... "An Education" is such an amazing movie!! From the beginning to the end, everything was so perfect, and I love Jenny's accent. What else can I say... you HAVE to watch it. It reminded of me of Lolita, Breakfast At Tiffany's, and (500) Days Of Summer... :) Carey Mulligan is so pretty! With her short hair, she almost looks like Mia Wasiakowska...





And I finally watched "Spirited Away" for the FIRST TIME today. Yeah... I've never seen it before! I kept on putting it off for some reason; I meant to watch it during the summer... well. Chihiro and Haku are so cute. I love her voice actress! No wonder everyone loves this film. It's just so, so... classic. The pigs were kinda disturbing though... they reminded me of "Animal Farm." And have you noticed that there's always a fat, blubbery sloppy creature in Miyazaki films? Like... the witch in Howl's Moving Castle and No-Face when he eats all the people... but anyways, Hayao Miyazaki films are always pretty amazing. Howl's Moving Castle, Ponyo, etc! Maybe I'll go on a movie binge...





SATs on Saturday.
Then comes shopping and fun stuff. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment