"We're all
mad
here.
I'm mad.
You're
m a d."

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

[ 2 0 1 0 ]



esprit de corps

MEANING:
noun: A spirit of solidarity; a sense of pride, devotion, and honor among the members of a group.

ETYMOLOGY:
From French esprit (spirit), de (of), corps (body, group).

I love French words.
So, 1st post of the New Year!
You have been warned: it's quite long...

-I Am-

Listening To: Nothing at the moment
Reading:
"Civil Disobedience" ~Henry David Thoreau
Craving: Oranges

Thinking About: It's NEW YEAR'S!!

-Quotes-

"When I was in the military, they gave me a medal for killing two men and a discharge for loving one."
~Leonard Matlovich, a gay Vietnam Veteran

"Commandment Number One for any truly civilized society is this: Let people be different." ~David Grayson, journalist/author

Those are "A Thought For Today" quotes from my A.Word.A.Day subscriptions... I was always so preoccupied with the vocab words that I never saw the quotes! They're pretty inspirational...

-Today's Playlist-

"Simple And Clean" ~Utada
"Cross Your Fingers" ~Laura Marling [I love her!!]
"Hair" ~The Early November
"Sushi" ~Kyle Andrews
"Pumpkin Soup" ~Kate Nash
"Breathe Me" ~Sia
"That Green Gentleman (Things Have Changed)" ~Panic At The Disco
"I Belong To You
(+Mon cœur s'ouvre à ta voix)" ~Muse
"Time & Confusion" ~Anberlin
"Konstatine" ~Something Corporate


-Current Obsessions-

Finishing my collage for HSD [High School Diplomats]
Mini-sets and surreal sets on Polyvore
PeterPan-Syndrome on DeviantArt
[Clicky!]
Old Seventeen magazines
Layering clothes
Winter break... it's almost over :(
Alice in Wonderland t-shirts
Muffins
My black sparkly Converses
New Year's! 2010!

-Thoughts-



I remember when I was so fascinated by how Matt traced veins on his arms...
Aha.

So yesterday we went to a New Year Eve's party, like every other year. I wish I could've gone to see fireworks, or something. I really want to be in Times Square to see the ball drop sometime in my life! At first I felt really awkward 'cause all the girls seemed to know each other and they were all much younger than me... but then I started talking to this girl who seemed like a bit of a loner and thus our adventures began. Like the other girls were talking about their boyfriends and crushes and school drama, and I thought they must be in middle school or something. BUT. It turns out they're only 5th and 6th graders!!! What?! :O Wow, I was kinda shocked there. I can't believe people have so much relationship drama stuff in 6th grade... I used to think 10 years old is really old though. I guess I still do. The girl I was talking to was 11, and she's a HUGE Panic At The Disco and Fall Out Boy fan. Everyone else was wearing Abercrombie and skinny jeans, and I might've spotted some makeup... On 6th grade girls. I don't really like girls wearing makeup that young, it's like... you don't need it! Goodness. And they all had high-tech phones, and everyone had an iTouch. Wow.... a few girls were just texting and going on Facebook the whole time. It's like, "You can do that at home... you're at a party, have fun?" Um... yeah. So the girl showed me some YouTube videos. Happy Tree Friends [thank goodness, no Salad Fingers... he's creeeeepy >.<], Fall Out Boy stuff, "Draw With Me" [sooo good.... it's an animation about this boy and girl who are separated by a glass wall -----> Clicky!] And then my mum walked in on us while she was showing me "Hollywood Whore" ~Papa Roach, there was blood everywhere in the video and it was embarrassing... aha.

So the girl whose house we were at turned 11! And her friends are soooo loud... just like screaming and making funny noises for no reason! So yeah, so me and the loner girl started walking around 'cause we didn't have anything better to do [everyone else went to the same school and were gossiping]. And we kept on bumping into this guy who was also walking around... turns out he's a freshman in high school. But he was playing table hockey with this really petite Korean girl and getting beat up by her, it was so funny x) She is vicious! And we were blasting music on people's iPods really loudly, except "Viva La Vida" kept on playing on repeat about 20 times... Eeeeeh. I got so tired of that song by the end of the night! So I put my iPod in and the guy wanted to listen to rap and rock stuff, so we were playing Green Day and stuff...

Then we watched the ball drop [it's only like 30 seconds of excitement...] and the adults started the longest poker game ever. I think there should be a Guiness World record for it or something. And everyone left except this small Chinese girl with pigtails and this really hyper, energetic Whasian girl. She's so funny. And people started drifting off to sleep but me and Claire [the Whasian girl] were determined not to [I can't anyway, I'm not sleeping over!]. So we started performing "Bohemian Rhapsody" like a drama, with all the funny voices and motions and stuff.... we were so loud that I don't think the other girls could sleep! Mission accomplished, aha. And then we started talking about her sisters who go to TJ [BOTH of them!] and philosophy, and how she writes poetry... She is so mature for a 10-year old... I never would have thought. So she was like, "I have a 3rd person voice, a fantasy voice, a poetry voice, and stuff..." So we actually had a pretty good conversation. Her older sister is so talented, by the way. Like wow... her voice, and she's so pretty! But yeah, and she was saying how guys at TJ try to outdo each other with asking girls to prom. She said her sister's boyfriend drove to TJ at midnight to put up a banner asking her to prom! Lol. Those kids :p And we started playing the Questions game, and talked about if we were guys, about how she thought roses were the perfect flower of love [she is SO metaphorical and was talking in poetry talk the whole time...] and we didn't fall asleep! It's so interesting to see different sides of people. Like before, she was SOOOO hyper [I really got scared] and she was mad 'cause she didn't save her top score on a game, and she started punching pillows and cursing and stuff. But then in that room, at like 3 in the morning, she was so thoughtful and philosophical... it's really a different, quiet side...

When my parents -finally- finished playing cards, it was 4:30 a.m.
I didn't sleep at all.
Happy 2010 everyone! :D



Make a wish! :D
[I actually stayed up until 11:11 p.m. to take this!]

3 comments:

  1. happy new year!!!

    2010:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year!
    stayed up watching videos of matt bellamy playing piano on youtube with my mom last night xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year everyone! :D

    And lol! That made me laugh. He's such a good piano player.... I wonder if he learnt it through a teacher or just through experimentation. Your mum is a Muse fan too? That's cool :)

    ReplyDelete