"We're all
mad
here.
I'm mad.
You're
m a d."

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Make pretend it's 1969 FOREVER


I love how everyone's blog posts is about 2010.


-I Am-
Listening to: Random indie music...
Reading: Ne
w issue of Teen Vogue
Craving: Sleep

Thinking about: "The Stranger" by Albert Camus... I read it at my friend's house while she was at her piano lesson. In 2 hours. Well, it's only 117 pages. It's so... good, actually. The main character reminded me alot of Holden from "The Catcher In The Rye" because he was so... not-caring and passive, kind of just... nonchalant. The book is super-existentialist... Clicky!

-Quotes-

"Let your life be a counter friction to stop the machine."
~Henry David Thoreau [from "Civil Disobedience"]

-Today's Playlist-
"Bad Romance" ~Lady Gaga
"Les Cactus" ~Jacques Dutronc

"Melody" ~Kate Earl

"Poker Face" ~Lady Gag
a
"Drive-In Saturday" ~David Bowie

"Mon Enfance" ~Jacques Brel

-Current Obsessions-
1. Interesting books
2. Henry David Thoreau

3. James Franco

4. Flannel pants

5. Sweater leggings [so warm!]

6. Jacques Brel
7. Woodstock Festival, 1969
8. François Hardy

9. "Milk", the movie
10. Comedians


So we went to my best friend's house for a luncheon yesterday, which turned into a dinner party as the adults started playing poker again, which turned into a sleepover as the night dragged on.

But! This sleepover was... DIFFERENT.
Instead of just watching non-stop movies [like we usually do!],
we actually did...
educational stuff.
-gasp-
We wrote 2 SAT essays, spent 1 hour on moral dilemmas [they're so thought-provoking and interesting! LOVE them], and then watched "Taking Woodstock", "Alice in Wonderland", and half of "Milk."

I love Michael in "Taking Woodstock," he's so chill and relaxed about everything. Well, he's a hippie. And his main line is, "Oh, it's beeeautiful." or "Yes, I'm sensing good vibes." It's so funny. And the movie ends by him saying "It's beautiful." and Elliott [playing by Demetri Martin!] says, "Beautiful." Exactly how I wanted the movie to end! Yay!
And my friend's favourite line was when they're putting out this white sheet to signal the plane to land there, and Elliott's mum is like, "What are you doing, trying to get Ku Klux Klan here?" or something... it doesn't sound funny, but you should watch the movie. It's actually kind of boring, but it has funny quotes and trippy-psychedelic-ness.


We weren't even planning on sleeping at all, even though we
had Church the next morning and would probably fall asleep during the service.
But her mum came in around 4:30 a.m. and took her MacBook! So we couldn't finish watching Milk. Darn!! It was a really good movie, so far. It makes gay couples seem so normal. I mean, not weird at all... And James Franco! :) It's basically about this gay man who runs for office and gets in and tries to get more rights for gay people.
They make such a cute gay couple... and it's a real story, too! So yeah, I think I'll finish watching it sometime...teenager who looks like Napoleon Dynamite with curly hair and plastic black glasses and he's like, "That's great for you, but I'm not voting for you, old man!" But later he changes his mind, of course. I wonder who plays him...

I wish we could someday break our record of 5 a.m. and really not sleep!!!

We were SO close.

I can't believe winter break is over.
I really really really don't want to go back to school...
Actually.
Once you get into the flow, it's okay.
It's once you disrupt the flow and take a break, going back is hard...
30% chance of snow tomorrow.
I've got my fingers crossed, but I don't think we'll be so lucky.
Even if we get snow, the school board are meanies.



2 comments:

  1. "Drive-In Saturday" ~David Bowie = WIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really want to see "taking woodstock"! =D

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete