"We're all
mad
here.
I'm mad.
You're
m a d."

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dying to be thin

WARNING: There's one "disturbing" photo at the end... you've been warned!


(

^I want to see the documentary soooo badly...!!!)



(One of my favourites!!)



Main Entry: an·orex·ia
Pronunciation: \ˌa-nə-ˈrek-sē-ə, -ˈrek-shə\
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin, from Greek, from a- + orexis appetite, from oregein
Date: 1598

1 : loss of appetite especially when prolonged
2 : anorexia nervosa


Back into a binge of anorexia and eating disorder books.
It's addictive, really.
Once you start, it's like down the rabbit hole, and you can't stop.
By the way, Alice is popping up everywhere! I love it.
I watched Phoebe in Wonderland recently, and right from the beginning I knew I was going to LOVE it. It can only be compared to Marie Antoinette in terms of prettyness :D
So in "Wasted" (this biography of an anorexic), the author clips in quotes from Alice in Wonderland. It's quite good so far, and I think it's supposed to be the quintessential anorexia biography book? Ish?

Music playing in my world...

["Your Song" ~Moulin Rouge soundtrack
"All Is Love" ~Where The Wild Things Are soundtrack
"Courage" and "Beauty From Pain" ~Superchick
"First Days Of Spring" ~Noah and the Whale
"Fix You" ~Coldplay (I've been listening to alot of their old stuff... it's quite good.]


I don't know why, but the more I find out about eating disorders, the more I want to try it (my friend says that sounds like trying drugs...). Kind of kidding, of course. But do you ever feel so... self-conscious while reading eating disorder books? I love them anyway... I certainly know eating disorders are very harmful and dangerous, and seriously kills people... Very seriouse mental disorder, anyways. I feel like I'm been researching them since forever (I started in middle school) and know alot about them, but there's always more to read/discover. But... well, I have two anorexics-in-training (jk! they're just naturally skinny!). It annoys me when people call me anorexic though, because I'm obviously NOT. It's easy to neglect eating sometimes, yeaaah...?

Do you ever feel fat?



^From a video campaign against eating disorders... it's quite sad. I have it under my YouTube favourites, I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment