"We're all
mad
here.
I'm mad.
You're
m a d."

Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm thinking about you, in my secret language.



"My British Tour Diary" ~Of Montreal

"On our trip to England I noticed something obscene
People still actually give a shit about the Queen
Though London girls aren't snobs at all
And Brighton's lovely in the fall
Left alone to drive ourselves on the opposite side
Man, it was a miracle that nobody died
Hanging out with Steven, Drew, Theo, Paul, and Sorrel, too
Eating at Welcome Breaks daily
We danced in Leeds with Brit Pop Haley

Performing with the Apples
And then crashing at the Wrights
Bitching because Steven booked us
On such early flights
Always in a foggy haze
Because we hadn't slept for days
Every single one of our London cabbies played
The most truly repellent techno music ever made
But they'll drop you without hesitation
If you try changing the station

Up to our necks in crisps and litter
In the van we dubbed the Gary Glitter ."

"Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse" ~Of Montreal

This reminds me so much of psychology, and all the chemicals in your brain! :D Also, my AP psych teacher -would- probably play this since his favourite band is Of Montreal. The do do do do part makes me smile! And want to dance (although I really can't).

"I'm in a crisis
I need help
Come on mood shift, shift back to good again
Come on mood shift, shift back to good again
Come on, be a friend

Nina Twin is trying to help, and I
Really hope that she succeeds
Though I picked the thorny path myself
I'm afraid, afraid of where it leads

Chemicals, don't strangle my pen
Chemicals, don't make me sick again
I'm always so dubious of your intent
Like I can't afford to replace what you've spent

Nina Twin is trying to help, and I
Really hope she gets me straight
Because my own inner cosmology
Has become too dense to navigate

I'm in a crisis
I need help
Come on mood shift, shift back to good again
Come on mood shift, shift back to good again
Come on, be a friend

Chemicals, don't flatten my mind
Chemicals, don't mess me up this time
Know you bait me way more than you should
And it's just like you to hurt me when I'm feeling good

Come on chemicals."

Goodnight.
And on a completely random note, I FINALLY figured out how to pronounce "Nietzsche!"
:D

Sattelighte.
Catts and myce.



(An old picture taken at a photo shoot with my friend; I think we were trying to capture a shot with the spider web... hmm!)

1 comment: