"We're all
mad
here.
I'm mad.
You're
m a d."

Monday, February 8, 2010

D.I.Y.

Yet another snow day...

Here's a picture post!
[I was really quite bored!]

My various projects and endeavors resulting from my boredness:



A work-in-progress of a turtleneck shirt I'm turning into a tank top.
I sewed one of the straps today, so I just have to finish the other one [hem and attach]. There's supposed to be another pocket with a skull on it... but I'm not sure whether to include it or not. This was entirely inspired by this: Click!
But I can't make anything from scratch, so I just worked with what I already had.



A pretty design! Aha.
Note how the white one is really looooong...



A white circley scarf I made from t-shirts and then tied with tulle.
Found on cutoutandkeep.com! Click!
They're both supposed to be white t-shirts, but one ended up looking grey 'cause it was my old
P.E. uniform... >.<



Finally, I turned this ugly tie-dye shirt into something beautiful :p
Actually, tie-dye is rarely ugly... maybe it was just the mustard yellow colour [it was really vivid and blotchy before].



My first attempt at the scarf, it's reeeally short. Only 12 loops!
And I don't know why I look so pale here, the picture was taken at the same time as the others... >.>



A simple skirt made out of my dad's oversized t-shirt.
I added the bows to make it cuter :3



A little cake made of felt.
I made it for my mum last year, when I was obsessed with felt plushies x]
I also made a taco plushie for my AP world teacher...
I should've taken a picture!



Cake?



Mr. Ghost!
Now I'm just taking photos of random things in my room... x]

Check Spelling
Reading list! Just some of it...
I read "The Great Gatsby" yesterday.
I like the cover art!



I'm reading "Fahrenheit 451" now, it's quite good so far...
It took me awhile to realise that "firemen" weren't firemen in the traditional sense at all... perhaps "bookburners" would be a more approprite title!



I've taken the idea of putting little Post-It notes in books for people to find... with random song lyrics and inspirational quotes. I think I saw this on a Post-Secret or something... I like the idea of finding a little note randomly, in a book whilst reading... :)



I think this is Madame Bovary.



I wonder if anyone will actually find this...?
Someone also had the idea of making really minuscule drawings in books and then declaring to everyone you're having an art exhibit!



Catch-22...?



I like that quote.



What I'm watching!



This girl had the genius idea of making wish stars into earrings!!
It took me forever to poke a hole through it though, who knew paper would be so hard?
The rest are made with Shrinky Dinks, charms, or beads.



SUPER-COOL!!! I want my room to be like that!
This girl from the site... apparently some of the stars glow in the dark, too!



I made this!! My mum was quite impressed.
It was originally a turtleneck sweater. It's based off the "t-shirt shrug" idea off cutoutandkeep.com, but I added buttons instead of threading a ribbon.



I think I nearly fainted when I saw Mia Wasikowska on the cover of this month's Teen Vogue!!! [she's playing Alice in the new Tim Burton film]
Alice in Wonderland is everywhere :DD



Aliiiiice!
Wait.
WHAT 1972 U.K. adapation???
I gotta watch it!!!



So cute, the guy reminds me of Max from "Where The Wild Things Are"...
In fact, I think the resemblance is intentional.
From the prom insert of Teen Vogue.



Kurt Cobain in a cheerleader uniform!!!
Lol, this made me laugh :D

So my friend and I started a TWOLHA club at our school... Unfortunately, due to all the snow, it's uncertain when school will start again [hopefully not soon, that's for sure!], so I don't know when our first meeting will be...

But read this: Click! It's an article about the founder of "To Write Love On Her Arms", and I really really hope our club works out... It would be amazing to prevent someone from suicide, or to help people, even just one person. It would be worth it...

~List Of Movies To Watch~

-Eclipsed
-Milk
-Spirited Away
-Mickey Blue Eyes
-Princess and the Frog
-etc...

Come with me

We took a back road
We're gonna look at the stars
We took a backroad in my car
Down to the ocean
It’s only water and sand
And in the ocean we'll hold hands

But I don't really like you
Apologetically dressed in the best
But on a heartbeat glide

Without an answer,
The thunder speaks for the sky
And on the cold, wet dirt I cry.

Don’t you wanna come with me?
Don’t you wanna feel my bones
On your bones?
It's only natural.

A cinematic vision ensued
Like the holiest dream
It's someone's calling?
An angel whispers my name
But the message relayed is the same:
“Wait till tomorrow,
you'll be fine."
But it's gone to the dogs in my mind.
I always hear them
When the dead of night
Comes calling to save me from this fight.
But they can never wrong this right.

~Playlist~

1. "Purple Bottle" ~Animal Collective
2. "She Is The New Thing" ~The Horrors
3. "Skeleton" ~Yeah Yeah Yeahs
4. "City Girl" ~Tegan & Sara
5. "Frustration" ~The Whip
6. "Falling Slowly" ~Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova
7. "Love Song" ~Sara Bareilles
8. "You Belong With Me" ~Taylor Swift
9. "Sugar Skulls" ~Wolftron
10. "Faces" ~Yeah Yeah Yeahs

I... I... I... I... you!
I... I... I... I... you! you!

What's he gonna
What's he gonna
What's he gonna get?

So long you'll never be afraid

What's he gonna
What's he gonna
whats he gonna get

So long you'll never be the same

Turn your head look right out
None of these faces matter
These are the ones you see right through
If it's gonna be it's all it's gonna be with you

I... I... I... I... you!
I... I... I... I... you! you!

Who knows where we are
All eyes alone
Tangled onto arms
Two arms are one

As long as were young
Keep you always In love
Fall in hands
Feel you holding us up

Crying for you.

******************************************************************

Sweet dreams mon cherie...
I'm making donuts tomorrow, get ready!

2 comments:

  1. so many awesome photos!
    we have so much in common! felt stuffies, library books, and utada lyrics? awesome!
    i used to write little reassuring letters and fold them up really small and stick them into cd cases i got at the library. i wonder if anyone every got them... i'm going to start doing this again... maybe someday i'll meet the person that check out all the same books/music/movies as me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, thanks!
    And that's really cool... you should keep doing that! I wish you got a notification or something when someone finds your notes. I wonder if it'll change someone's life!

    ReplyDelete