"We're all
mad
here.
I'm mad.
You're
m a d."

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Most Amazing Night Ever!!!

"Wow, that was so goooood!!!!!!!!!"

That was all me and my friend could say after the Muse/U2 concert. Literally.

The weather was a gorgeous autumn day... Like crisp, with a slight breeze... And we started off with total panic after we realised my friend didn't have her ticket! So long story short, I had to figure out my dad's password to recover the tickets online. What a frenzy... The day was filled with amusing incidents though :D Like when we finally got to FedExField, we walked out of the car and were in awe of the huuuge stadium... so much so that we forgot our tickets! :p But I remembered. Thank goodness!

Muse was the supporting act, and we had to wait for about... a hour before they finally came on. It was an open stadium so we could see the cotton-candy-coloured skies above before it was finally dark, and the moon was overhead. So beautiful... I felt so at peace.

And when they finally came, I was so excited!!!! Like... wow. It's THEM!!! In person!! Matthew Bellamy, and everyone! Knights of Cydonia was first, and then... they played Hysteria, Supermassive Black Hole, Starlight, Uprising, United States of Eurasia, Plug in Baby... I feel like I'm missing something... Oh well. It was terribly short, I thought, but they sounded EXACTLY like their CD recordings/music videos!! (give or take a few extra guitar riffs) Wow. They're great live!! Their lighting and special effects on the big screen were reeeeaaaallllyyyy nice. Esp. on Starlight! All these psychedelic swirls... It was over way too soon >.< It'd be nice to see them on their own headlining tour sometime!

Then was U2!! We actually bumped into our pastor's wife (but we didn't see the pastor...) and another couple from Church there. It was pretty surreal! I wonder what they thought of Muse. But it was so funny, 'cause we went out to buy French fries and when we came back, the previously relatively empty stadium (I guess not alot of people know about Muse, still, in the U.S...) was FULL. Like every seat PACKED!! Wow. What a transformation!

U2 was... absolutely phenonmenal. I mean, I never really listened to their music prior to the concert but I was expecting to be blown away and coverted to a fan :D Bono is so inspirational. There was this rocket-like thing that glowed and looked really pretty, like a castle, in my opinion. And there were jets of lights right above our heads. The special effects are so nice. And there's this awesome screen with the lights show... My favourite effect was the disco-y lights scattered, lighting up on everyone. And then the "Milky Way" with everyone waving their cell phones in the darkness. And the music... wow. It ranges from like... peaceful to motivational to rock. And Bono gives inspirational mini-speeches... The whole night was just amazing. I wish I could do this every year for my birthday! :D

It was about 2 a.m. when we got home... A sleepover on a school night 'cause it was way too late to drive back to my house.

I felt like falling asleep in every single one of my classes today... but it was so worth it.
But now yesterday feels like so long ago..... Like I can't believe it happened! Once you're out of the stadium, the magicness disappears and you feel so surreal... Like "Did that really just happen??" Aha.

That's one life goal complete :)

1 comment: